The feds, under the guise of "homeland security," have created the necessary mechanisms for a domestic police state. The Army Times even reported that for the first time since the War Between the States that military troops will be on active patrol in America. Expect martial law to be quickly used to quell "domestic disturbances," i.e, riots, that will break out as the economy comes unglued.
If you've been thinking everything is going to work out "somehow" and haven't taken any steps to protect yourself, wake up now! It is time to put away some beans and rice, get some freeze-dried food (if you can find it), slash your expenses, get self-defense weapons if you don't have them (and practice), and start getting to know your neighbors. You're going to need them. We're going to need each other to get through this thing. I can't stress too much how dire our situation is.
You're going to need good information, too. I can't put out blog posts often enough to help you keep up. I list some excellent resources on this site. I highly recommend:
- Alex Jones' Infowars.com. You can listen to his 4-hour weekly radio Monday-Friday 11am-3pm Central Time on the internet or get the podcast. He will help you understand the push to dictatorship and the New World Order.
- Jeff Rense's excellent website features an eclectic range of news items and articles.
- For intellectual ammunition, it is hard to beat the premier libertarian websites, LewRockwell.com and the Ludwig von Mises Institute. It is essential to understand the theoretical economic issues so that you're not swayed by emotional appeals to support bad policies.
- Jim Sinclair's web site is a wealth on clear information on the economy and why you need to put a substantial portion of any liquid assets you have into gold and silver.
- To keep up with what Ron Paul is doing and saying, check out the Daily Paul and Paul's Campaign for Liberty.
- Information Clearing House has a great number of new articles daily.
- Anti-War.com provides a vast, daily collection of news stories and opinion dealing with issues of war and peace.
These are many of my main sources. Most of them have a daily email digest which I strongly suggest you subscribe to. I don't take any of them as gospel truth. I view everything through the grid of my worldview base on an extensive theoretical framework governed by Christian theology and libertarian politico-economic theory, filled in with applications from experience and history. Then test everything for truth as you know it.
Devvy Kidd has an outstanding 2-part article, "Battle Plan for the 50 States." This is a great start for grassroots political action NOW! Take advantage of the economic shock and share this article with your friends. This November is the time to vote the worst state level politicians out of office so we can at least have some clout to make local impact. Print out this article and read it. And share it. And act.
If for any reason whatsoever you doubt the severity of our economic crises and need more motivation to take action, read the following:
- Joan Veon's excellent articles from this week -- The Final Destruction of the Middle Class and US Dropped to Third World Status. She discusses the danger of the ""The Treasury Blueprint for a Modernized Financial Regulatory System," will hand over to the Federal Reserve the last vestiges of our financial sovereignty: savings and loans; state chartered banks; thrifts and credit unions; the entire mortgage and insurance systems, as well as oversight of the Payment and Settlement System of Wall Street. In addition, the Feds would gain oversee rights to all of America's financial markets." This capture of the entire US financial system under the czarship of former (?) international banker and current Treasury Secretary Paulson is the economic equivalent of the Patriot Act passed in the aftermath of 9/11. Call your Senator to protest. Here's more specific information.
- Mike Whitney points out the most crucial provision in this act: "Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency." Sieg heil!
- Here's a concise timeline of last week's significant events. This week shapes up to be just as tumultuous!
- All of our Constitutional freedoms have eroded considerably. Here's a list of journalists arrested at the Republican National Convention. (Read the poem at the end.) We were surrounded by riot police in full swat gear, with loaded automatic weapons. Inside many of us Ron Paul supporters were searched by security goons looking for subversive literature like Ron Paul signs and bumper stickers.
- Patrick Buchanan says "The Party's Over." This financial crisis marks the passing into a new age of a greatly diminished and more sober America. What we've experienced is not the failure of free markets, but of Gordon Gecko capitalism aided and abetted by bought-and-paid for politicians greasing the wheels for the greedy few to sheer us like trusting sheep.
- Lew Rockwell interviews Ron Paul about the crisis.
- And Lew writes about the social imperative of returning to sound money if we want a free, prosperous nation built on truth and justice.
- Martin Weiss has a comprehensive list of sensible actions Congress can take to deal with this crisis. Pass it on.
There is so much more, but I fear I've already overwhelmed you. People are in shock. A friend told me she saw 3 different people crying as they were driving home in the five o'clock rush hour! So change is afoot. But we must not be victims. We must be proactive first for our families, and then for our communities. Wake up your friends and let's get busy!