Saturday, July 5, 2008

Take time to laugh today

Since I tend to see a lot of the alarming things in our world today, I realize that I need balance for my own well-being. Laughter truly is one of the best medicines. So I appreciate people with a gift to make me laugh.

I often kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, when I watch Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show." It shows Monday - Thursday at 10:00 pm CST on cable's Comedy Channel. His incisive wit pokes fun at politicians of all stripes and often cuts through the fog of their b.s. and spin. If you can't get this channel, you can find many of his entire episodes or segments at their web site. The Colbert Report that follows immediately after is funny, though Colbert is not nearly as good an interviewer. Both shows have a remarkable line up of guests.

I also like The Onion. Much of their satire is hilarious. I especially like their video spoofs of Network News shows and TV morning shows. The following is a sampling of some of my favorites. Enjoy!

Bush Tours America to Survey Damage Caused By His Presidency

New Wearable Feedbags Let Americans Eat More, Move Less

Are Politicians Failing our Lobbyists?

Diet Book Author Advocates New “No Food” Diet

Horrific Crash a Sad Reminder of Princess Diana

Is the Government Spying on Schizophrenics Enough?

No comments: